The Rules / Policies
We are concerned for you and your horse's safety, following these straight forward rules/policies will give all parties involved a peace of mind.
- All Boarders and Share boarders are required to sign a lease with Oliver Stables, LLC - No one is to ride unless a release has been signed.
- To maintain in effect comprehensive personal liability insurance in the minimum amount of $10,000 to cover all actions of riders and horse. A copy of this insurance policy is required for Oliver Stables file.
- Share Boarding is permitted - Only two other persons (age 12 or older) with prior horse experience will be allowed to share board. See Mr. O for specifics.
- Independent trainers/instructors must have current $1,000,000 A-rated insurance policy filed with and accepted by Oliver Stables, LLC in advance of any instruction or lesson
- All riding is done at your own risk.
Please Note: Under Virginia law except as provided in s3.1-796.130,
an equine activity sponsor or an equine professional shall not be liable
for any injury to or death of a participant engaged in an equine activity.
(Virginia Code Title 3.1 Chapter 27.5)
- SAFETY FIRST - Hard hats are required when riding.
- Hours of operation: 7:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m. If your horse requires attention before or after these hours or leaving/returning from an event/show, notify Mr. Oliver in advance.
- Absolutely NO SMOKING on the property.
- No dogs or other pets are allowed on the premises.
- There will be no group lessons – one instructor for one rider/horse. Lessons should be no less than l/2 hour to max of 1 hour per person.
- Board rent is due on the first of the month. Checks to be made out to Oliver Stables, LLC.